Early yesterday, I decided to keep a running tally of how much the boys tantrum in a given day. I'm not sure if this was meant to replace the monthly letters I abandoned like a slacker mama, or just to keep me from flipping out. Either way, here is the result:
(I didn't decide to start until about 10 a.m.; I'm not sure if I missed some other tantrums.)
10:14: Matthew – furious because I have taken his cup of milk away after a repeated warning not to spit milk into the dog's bowl for Bailey to drink.
10:30: Matthew – because Ryan took his cup of milk, then pretended to offer it back to him, then hit him with it and ran away.
10:31: Matthew – continuation b/c during his previous tantrum, he bumped his head on the table.
10:34: Matthew and Ryan both – Ryan b/c Matthew tried to steal a pen he had; Matthew b/c he couldn't get the pen and also fell off the chair in the process of the attempted theft.
10:41: Ryan – b/c Matthew stole a date book he was holding. MY date book, but whatever, Ryan, you cry about it.
10:43: Ryan – b/c he knocked a chair over.
10:45: Matthew – b/c I wasn't buckling him into his high chair quickly enough.
10:45: Ryan – b/c Matthew got a banana before he did.
11:13: Matthew and Ryan – b/c I wasn't taking them out of their high chairs quickly enough when they were COVERED in yogurt.
11:21: Matthew – b/c the chair was still laying on the floor.
11:23: Ryan – b/c Matthew was climbing on the chair and he wanted to, apparently.
11:30: Ryan – b/c I yelled at him to get out of the way after a bowl fell down and broke, and also b/c I was using the Dustbuster.
11:41: Ryan – b/c I took away the Scotch tape and threw away the ¾ of the roll he'd pulled off it.
11:57: Ryan – b/c I took away the Desitin he was using as fingerpaint.
12:07: Matthew – b/c I had the audacity to change his diaper and wipe his face (continued until 12:14.)
12:21: Matthew – b/c I dared to eat something and not immediately give him some.
1:00: Matthew – unknown origin (possibly b/c I got up from trimming Ryan's nails? Unknown. Lasted many minutes.)
1:20: Matthew and Ryan – b/c I locked myself in the bathroom to talk to my best friend, who has just given birth to her first child at 12:45 this morning, without interruption.
3:30-sometime after 4: Ryan – b/c he doesn't want to go to sleep. The lack of blankie is also undoubtedly a factor, can't find it anywhere. 20 minutes after the return of blankie, I can hear him snoring.
5:32: Ryan – b/c I forced him to spit a penny out of his mouth into my hand. It was spit-covered and disgusting, but did I cry about it? No, I did not.
5:37: Ryan – b/c he can't find his cup and he wants a drink.
5:44: Ryan – b/c Eric made him stop playing in the faucet.
7:26: Ryan – b/c I took away the phone book.
There were MANY tantrums during the getting-ready-for-bed part of the night, but my darling Eric was in charge, so I got to ignore them. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment