Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lucky 7

It's supposed to be lucky for you, but we know I'm the luckiest.

There are so many times I thought I'd never have to write these things down, because I'd never forget a single detail.

But, sadly, I have. SO glad I've mostly used FB as your baby book to write down the funny things. I love you guys SO much - so much.

You've just finished first grade, and you're both reading at a mid-fifth grade reading level, which is awesome. One of you is still quite impulsive and has to work on his self-control, but you guys are still young, and young for your grade especially. I have faith in you. You SING - OMG you sing. I need to get you into children's choir at St. Irene next year. Matt brought the house down at Bower Family Fun Night by karaoke-ing "You Don't Know You're Beautiful" by One Direction. Ry knows every.song. The Blackhawks won their second Stanley Cup in 3 years Monday night, and Ry changed Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" lyrics to "we're up all night to watch hockey." You are getting ever better at soccer and t-ball and new this winter, basketball. I love to watch you play. I love that Daddy coaches you. I love your drawings and your WRITING. OMG, the writing. It's adorable and funny and so very smart. I taught you religious ed this year, and while I HATED dragging myself there at 6:30 every Tuesday after teaching all day long, it was a pleasure to teach you guys and see God's love beaming through you. He does ... He really does. I pray you never lose that gentleness, that caring, that utter knowledge of right and wrong.

Tonight I asked you guys what your favorite part of being six was. "Disney" was the unanimous answer, with Matt's addition of "Build a Bear." I promise we'll get back to both of those places someday.

Happy birthday, bunnies. I love you forever and always, with everything I've ever been, am, and ever will be. xoxoxooxoxox Mama

No comments: