June 7, 2007
Dear Matthew,
Hi. I am a total procrastinating mama, who DOES notice that you'll be 1 in less than 3 weeks. Shhhhh – we're going to pretend I wrote this on the 27th. It doesn't matter. I'm not going to write about anything that's happened since then. Hee hee hee.
First of all, at the teeny age of 10 months, you're already following in your mama and dada's footsteps as far as hobbies go. I'm not talking about eating, although you have that going on as well. No, I am referring to TAILGATING, the gloriousness that should be the national pastime. We went to the Sox game – you, me, Daddy, Ry, Aunt Missy and John, Aunt Danielle and Uncle Rick, Aunt Lissa and Michael, and Mr. Joel and Ms. Renee. We left before 10 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 p.m. You missed both of your naps, so you fell asleep for a little bit on the way there and for a couple hours on Daddy inside the Snugli. It was 85 degrees and relentlessly sunny – and you guys were SO AMAZINGLY good. We left for about 3 innings, but that's only because Ry was getting a little pink, not because you were being fussy. What little toughies I have! Daddy thought it was the perfect way to celebrate his 30th birthday (albeit a few weeks late).
Secondly, you have your 5th tooth. You're very pleased with them. Stop biting me, Ryan, and Daddy, please and thanks!
Okay, let me tell you a story about a typical day with 10-month-old you. Sooooo on May 19, we went to Emily and
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Memorial Day. They put a swing out for you and were SO excited to have you in it – so much so that Grandma put you in it at 7:30 in the morning, while you were still cold and in your pajamas! You liked it much better later in the day. You got to eat Short Stop ice cream, go to church with Grandma and Grandpa, and get admired by Daddy's family. What a great weekend!
Matthew, you are so much fun. You are SO much fun. Even when you're trying to escape from me because you're so over having your diaper changed. I wish I could freeze this time, so that I never forget what having an almost-toddler is like.
xoxoxoxo Mama
Dear Ryan,
Hi. I am a total procrastinating mama, who DOES notice that you'll be 1 in less than 3 weeks. Shhhhh – we're going to pretend I wrote this on the 27th. It doesn't matter. I'm not going to write about anything that's happened since then. Hee hee hee.
First of all, at the teeny age of 10 months, you're already following in your mama and dada's footsteps as far as hobbies go. I'm not talking about eating, although you have that going on as well. No, I am referring to TAILGATING, the gloriousness that should be the national pastime. We went to the Sox game – you, me, Daddy, Matt, Aunt Missy and John, Aunt Danielle and Uncle Rick, Aunt Lissa and Michael, and Mr. Joel and Ms. Renee. We left before 10 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 p.m. You missed both of your naps, so you fell asleep for a little bit on the way there and at the very last minute on me inside your Snugli. (I'm gonna miss that thing!) It was 85 degrees and relentlessly sunny – and you guys were SO AMAZINGLY good. We left for about 3 innings, but that's only because you were getting a little pink, not because you were being fussy. What little toughies I have! Daddy thought it was the perfect way to celebrate his 30th birthday (albeit a few weeks late).
Secondly, April 30 was the first day of therapy with Mrs. Lori. You are not sure what to make of her yet. You'd rather hold on to your mama while she tries to coax you away, but we'll see what happens.
Okay, let me tell you a story about a typical day with 10-month-old you. Sooooo on May 19, we went to Emily and
We went to Grandma and Grandpa's for Memorial Day. They put a swing out for you and were SO excited to have you in it. Ryan, you do love a swing, baby. We have wonderful smiley pictures of you sitting in it and holding onto the ropes like a big boy. You got to eat Short Stop ice cream, go to church with Grandma and Grandpa, and get admired by Daddy's family. What a great weekend!
Ryan, you are so much fun. You are SO much fun. Even when I bust you eating a plastic bag. I wish I could freeze this time, so that I never forget what having an almost-toddler is like.
I love you to the moon and back a zillion times!
xoxoxoxo Mama
No comments:
Post a Comment