Thursday, January 1, 2009

A long December

... but really, it wasn't. It was a busy December. That's for sure. But I can't get the song out of my head, so the title stays.

♫♫A long December
and there's reason to believe
Maybe this year will be better than the last
I can't remember all the times I tried to tell myself
to hold on to these moments as they pass♫♫

Well, maybe it is appropriate. And I will just start weeping all over my computer like a bigger baby than your Papa, though this may not even be possible.

If this year is better than 2008 ... well. We are just so blessed, boys. Maybe you don't know that. Actually, you probably don't. But GOD, what a wonderful, amazing year we had. You guys are the miracles, the lights of your Dada's and my life.

Let me tell you about Christmas. On Christmas Eve, we went to the Chreaster Mass (that's Christmas + Easter, named for the folks who only attend on those occasions), and then we headed to Gigi and Auntie Mare's house for Wigilia. You were introduced to oplatke. Matthew wasn't so interested. Ryan followed everyone around and took pieces of oplatke. I made him wish everyone a Merry Christmas when he did it. ;) Aunt Missy and Uncle John had gotten Rock Band from Mrs. Cindy as a wedding gift, so we played that. Um, yeah, Mama likes her some Rock Band. You guys wanted desperately to play too, but alas, Mama is super-selfish AND terrified that you'd break their brand-new awesome gift. So you guys got to hold the Wii controllers and pretend to sing into them, which kind of worked for a while in fooling you. You guys understood this year about setting cookies and milk out for Santa and for getting a carrot and water out for the reindeer. You forgot to check in the morning, but that's b/c there was a lot more excitement:

OMG, bikes! Yes, you got bikes. This was very exciting. Santa was VERY generous. You got the bikes, and a house, and Hokey Pokey Elmos, and Elmo underpants, and a new Little People plane, bus, and Noah's Ark, along with a Leapfrog Writing Desk. Apparently Santa knows how much you guys love your letters.

Not to mention the "up-down": Ryan's been calling it a seesaw, but I think the original name you gave it is way cuter. And it's accurate, too!

We dressed quickly and headed over to Nana's for more presents and delicious breakfast (breakfast first - it was almost 11 by the time we got there!) You guys loved the quiche, fruit salad, Christmas tree bread, sausage, and pine-orange-banana juice. Papa, Nana, Aunt Missy, Uncle John, and Uncle Tom got you lots of stuff -

an Elmo farm, some new clothes, DVDs, new books

- including ones about "Mah-dee Juhdge" (= Monkey/Curious George) -
and washcloths. And dang, Matt was excited about the washcloths.

Ah, but that wasn't even the best part. Please meet ELMO LIVE. eeeeeee!

So after all this excitement, we took you guys home and put you to bed. You took a nice long nap and so *cough* did your parents, and then we were ready for Christmas dinner. At Gigi and Auntie Mare's house ... with MORE presents. Holy crap, you guys are spoiled.

Of course, spoiled kids get time-outs. Sometimes they're even self-inflicted.Gigi and Auntie Mare got you a Doodle Pro, a clock, and trains ... to go with your GIANT AWESOME TRAIN TABLE WITH LAYOUT. No, I am not kidding. I forgot to take pictures of the table. But it will look cooler once it's set up, anyway.

Then we played more Rock Band. Best Christmas ever.

I was going to talk about the wedding!!!, but damn, I am cashed. Next time. I promise.

I love you always.
xoxoxoxo Mama

1 comment:

Jube said...

Really glad you're posting again, but damn, this layout is hard to read!