Eric is a Vikings fan. It's not ideal ... it's just the way it is. Anyway, I was teasing him about Adrian Peterson, known as "Purple Jesus," playing before the Vikings game a week ago. I even had the boys repeat the words "Purple Jesus" to him as a joke. Obviously he loved this.
So last night, Eric is driving the boys in the car, and a driver cut him off sharply. "Jesus!" he said in frustration ... and from the back seat, a small voice popped up and said, "Po-po Dee-zee!"
Boys, you're supposed to be BEAR fans. And, um, not take the name of the Lord in vain.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mom and Dad Kempker, aka Grandma and Grandpa, came to spend the weekend with us. We had a great time! On Saturday, they took Matt and Ry to Cosley Zoo, and we had dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. On Sunday, we went to church, then out to brunch at IHOP, and then to Bengston's Pumpkin Farm! It was a busy, busy weekend, and I'll write more about it soon and include pictures, but I had to give the lead-in for the funny story:
Sunday night, Eric and Grandpa cooked burgers on the grill. We ate them with baked beans, potato salad, and chips. The boys just picked at the baked beans, something they normally like. Matthew was very whiny, thanks to no nap, and Eric asked him to use his words. He was expected Matthew to say something like, "All done." Instead, Matthew looked at him and said, "I ... yuck ... beans."
I love my guys learning about language!!
1 comment:
I yuck you not updating your GD blog.
xoxo
Post a Comment